What Can I Do To Improve My Sleep?
- Learn stress reduction and relaxation techniques to manage anxious symptoms and improve sleep.
- Caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes can have a negative effect on sleep. Reduction may be indicated, particularly 4-6 hours before bedtime.
- Regulate your sleep-wake cycle by establishing a fixed and regular bedtime and awakening time that allows you 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Many complaints, such as nervousness, lack of energy, headaches, tiredness, difficulty making decisions, and poor concentration, may simply be due to poor sleep habits.
- Other suggestions to improve sleep:
- No naps
- No exercise 4 hours before bed
- Only use your bed for sleeping and sex
- Take a hot bath no less than 90 minutes before bed
For more information on improving sleep: https://web.stanford.edu/~dement/howto.html